Дайте транскрипцию текста на
my favourite writer (m. lermontov)
one of russia's most celebrated poets of all times, michael lermontov was born in moscow in the family of a nobleman. he spent his childhood and youth in tarckany, in the province of penza.
in 1830 lermontov entered the moscow university, but very soon he had to leave it. then he entered st. petersburg school of cavalry cadets. he finished it and served in the hussar regiment of the imperial guard.
in 1837 the poet was exiled to the caucasus for his poem "poets death". in 1840 lermontov was exiled to the caucasus for the second time. he was provoked into personal quarrel with his schoolmate. the quarrel led to a duel. on july 15th, 1841 the poet was killed. he was not even 27 at that time.
lermontov began writing when he was very young. one of his first writings to be published was his verse tale "hadji arbek".
but he won fame as a poet after his poem "poets death" was published. lermontov's poems "demon" "mtsyri" his great novel "a hero of our time" and his play "masquerade" are masterpieces of russian literature.
whether he wrote poetry, drama or prose, the stamp of his genius was to be found on his works. lermontov's influence as of a poet and a thinker on all russian writes can't be overestimated.
5. more beautiful
10. does he?
2. He was a very talented boy, he learned to read at an early age but his life was hard.
3. He had to go to work at ten.
4. Charles had worked as a newspaper reporter before he became famous.
5. He was writing for a variety of magazines when he worked as a reporter.
6. The humorous novel The Pickwick Papers made Dickens famous.
7. This novel was published in 1837.
8. Dickens wrote about the life of poor English people.
9. His novels were set in Victorian England.
10. People all over the world value his novels for their realism, humour, their love and sympathy for ordinary people.
1. It's a quater past seven
2. It's a quater to ten
3. It's half past six
4. It's ten minutes past eleven
5. It's thirty seven to seven
6. It's twenty four past ten
Task 3. Write a school magazine article about a favourite sport star.
Think about these points before you writo:
1. Name / why famous.
2. Appearance / personality.
3. Free-time activities.
4. Writer's feelings about sport star.
1. Write 4 paragraphs including the information mentioned above,
2. Give your opinion supported by reasons and/or examples.
3. Use keen on; well-known for; to be successful in; popular with, etc.
4. Provides content that relevant to the topic.
5. Write argument with details/examples,
6. Use appropriate grammar structure and complex sentences.
1. I’m trying to study. I have been trying to study for the last hour, but something always seems to interrupt me. I think I’d better go to the library.
2. The children are playing basketball right now. They have been playing for almost two hours. They must be getting tired.
3. The telephone has rung four times in the last hour, and each time it has been for my roommate.
4. The telephone has been ringing for almost a minute. Why doesn’t someone answer it?
5. It has been raining all day. I wonder when it will stop.
6. We have had three accidents so far this week. I wonder how many more we will have if you keep using the tools carelessly.
7. We have been living here since last June.
8. My little son is dirty from head to foot because he has been playing in the mud.
9. What’s the matter? Your eyes are red and puffy. I hope you have not cried. Oh, now I understand. You have been peeling some onions.
10. Hello, Rob. I’m happy to see you again. I haven't seen you for weeks. What have you been doing lately?
11. I haven't been able to reach my boss on the phone yet. I have been trying for the last twenty minutes, but the line has been busy.
12. We have had three major snowstorms so far this winter. I wonder how many more we will have.
13. I have written to them three times, but I still haven’t received a reply.
14. A: Dr. Harrison is a good teacher. How long has he been teaching at the university? B: He has been teaching here for almost 25 years. 15. A: What are you going to order for dinner? B: Well, I have had pizza. So I think, I’ll order that.
16. My uncle has been painting the outside of his house for three weeks and he’s still not finished.
17. The Smiths are presently in Tunisia. They have been travelling throughout North Africa since the middle of May. They’ll return home in another month.
C) Use THE PRESENT PERFECT TENSE or THE PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS to fill in the blanks:
1. I’m tired. We have been walking for over an hour. Let’s stop and rest for a while.
2. The zoo isn’t far from here. I have walked there many times.
3. I have written to my friends at least a dozen letters since I left home and came home.
4. Sally is writing a letter to her boyfriend. She has been writing it since she got home from class. It’s going to be a long letter.
5. The telephone has rung four times in the last hour, and each time it has been for my roommate.
6. The telephone has been ringing for almost a minute. Why doesn’t someone answer it?
7. She is 80 and she has never read a book in her life.
8. The secretary is very tired. She has been typing all morning.
9. Tom is reading a book. He started two hours ago and he is on page 53. He has been reading for two hours.
10. Hello! I have been cleaning the windows. So far I have cleaned five of them and there are two more to do.
11. My grandfather died 30 years ago. I have never met him.
12. A: Is your father at home?
B: No, I’m afraid he has gone out.
A: When exactly did he go out?
B: About ten minutes ago.
lessons c) queues d) wainting e) crowds 4.дополните предложение: he is good reports and projects. a) in writing b) at writing c) on writing d) with writing e) to write 5.выберите лишнее: a) berlin b) venice c) melbourne d) holland e) paris 6.дополните предложение: she has paints on her clothes because she the room. a) has been painting b) had been
painting c) was painted d) has been painted e) had been painted 7. дополните предложение: the porters at the stations are usually busy carring to the rain. a) passengers b) platform c) queues d) luggage 8.выберите правильный вариант вопроса. nearly ten years. my house is really beatiful. a) how long did you have in your house? b) how long did you lived
in your house? c) how long were you lived in your house? d) how long have you lived in your house? e) how long have you being lived in your house? ..