Надо скоро контрольная !
2. four people are speaking about their life at school. listen, (recording 1, activity book), and match the speakers (1—4) with what they say (a—e). there is one statement you don't have to use.
a) the student says that his/her teacher changed his/her attitude (отношение) to one of the school subjects.
b) the student says his/her test results were always worse than his/her knowledge.
c) the student says his parents were surprised at his/her marks in sciences.
d) the student says his/her father and mother liked their child's results in school subjects.
e) the student says he/she was fond of his/her fellow students as well as the teachers.
3. read the text and the sentences after it. decide in which of the sentences the information is true(t), false(f) or not stated(ns).
the american school year isn`t very long. there are two terms and at the end of each term students get their marks and a report card from their teachers.
american students have rather many vacations in the school year. they have two weeks for spring vacation, two weeks for christmas vacation and three months for summer vacation. american schoolchildren have four years of high school¹. in the first two years of high school, they have fairly many exams. each student takes exams in english and mathematics, but they are not very difficult. in the last two years american students prepare for college.
people usually say that american school life is not very hard.
¹high school - старшие классы средней школы в америке
1. the american school year is longer than the english school year.
2. teachers give marks to their students at the end of each term.
3. american pupils have four vacations during the school year.
4. every child in america goes to high school.
5. english and mathematics are the most important subjects for everybody.
6. american students have a fairly easy life.
4. complete the sentences with the derivatives of the words on the right.
1. we know little about the system of in canada.
2. robert is a well- a very good one indeed.
3. little children like to make sandcastles on .
4. i didn't understand why greg greeted me so
5. this is a very rule.
6. people in europe have christmas in december.
7. the mississippi is a great and river in north america.
8. it was a very and interesting book.
5. choose the appropriate verbs in brackets to complete the sentences.
1. people often (say/tell) me about their problems.
2. gwen doesn't (talk/speak) german very well.
3. my classmates and me often (talk/tell) about our favourite tv shows.
4. never (tell/say) lies.
5. i don't like physics. everybody (says/tells) it is a difficult subject, and i agree.
6. could you (tell/say) us the time, please?
7. garry (said/told) to me he wanted to visit the usa.
6. complete the sentences. use the words from the box.
to of out back into for over
1. i am tired writing dictations.
2. jack got a good mark his literature test.
3. i don`t know what happened them yesterday.
4. i don't understand the problem. let's talk it
5. never talk to people who are older than you.
6. my elder brother talked me of the trip to the usa by sea. he said it was a very long voyage.
7. i hope i'll talk him learning chinese. it is important for his job.
7*. make up different types of questions.
1. the school year begins in september.
2. the school year is over in june.
а) Учащийся говорит, что его / ее учитель изменил свое отношение к одному из школьных предметов.
б) студент говорит, что его / ее результаты теста всегда были хуже, чем его / ее знания.
c) Ученик говорит, что его родители были удивлены его / ее оценками в науках.
г) студент говорит, что его / ее отцу и матери понравились результаты их ребенка по школьным предметам.
д) Ученик говорит, что он / она любил своих сокурсников, а также учителей.
3. Прочитайте текст и предложения после него. Решите, в каком из предложений информация верна (T), ложна (F) или не указана (NS).
Американский учебный год не очень длинный. Есть два семестра, и в конце каждого семестра ученики получают свои оценки и табель успеваемости от своих учителей.
У американских студентов довольно много каникул в учебном году. У них есть две недели для весенних каникул, две недели для рождественских каникул и три месяца для летних каникул. Американские школьники имеют четыре года средней школы¹. В первые два года старшей школы у них довольно много экзаменов. Каждый студент сдает экзамены по английскому и математике, но они не очень сложны. В последние два года американские студенты готовятся к поступлению в колледж.
Люди обычно говорят, что американская школьная жизнь не очень сложна.
Высшая школа - старшие классы средней школы в Америке
1. Американский учебный год длиннее английского учебного года.
2. Учителя ставят оценки своим ученикам в конце каждого семестра.
3. Американские ученики имеют четыре отпуска в течение учебного года.
4. Каждый ребенок в Америке учится в старшей школе.
5. Английский язык и математика - самые важные предметы для всех.
6. У американских студентов довольно легкая жизнь.
4. Дополните предложения производными слов справа.
london would not be london without the river thames. it flows 215 miles across the english countryside and then through the heart of the great city before it reaches the sea. the thames has played an extremely important part in making england what it is today.
england had very few roads in the past, so the thames provided a major highway between london and many parts of the country. people could also send supplies of food and other goods to and from london by boat. in times of war, london was protected from sea attacks because they built castles and forts at the mouth of the river. people from the london area got their drinking water from the thames, and thirsty cows and sheep were a common sight along its banks.
with the industrial revolution in the 18th century, the thames became one of the busiest waterways in the world. factories made and exported goods of all kinds. so people became rich and many of them built beautiful houses along the banks oh the river. the famous writer charles dickens spent part of his childhood there and later wrote about the thames in his books.
today the thames has become a symbol of london, just as much as big ben or buckingham palace. if you take a stroll along its banks you'll have a day full of pleasant surprises. you can admire bridges built in many different architectural styles. the most famous one is probably tower bridge which actually opens up 1,000 times a year to let ships through. or you might be lucky enough to see london's rowing event, the oxford and cambridge boat race, which takes place on the river every spring. whether you're a londoner or a visitor, the thames will always have something to offer you.