Use the derivatives of the words on the right and complete the text.
1. in the past, people were generally divided into those who are “gentlemen” and those who are ) with the nobility although they include it and ) the product of public schools. the public school system __s(lead), it is a separate system ) for the rich. those who have been educated at one of the good public school are set apart from those who have not. in such schools ) develop “gentlemen” who are disciplined, who “play the game”, bear pain ) and know how to ). religion holds an important place in school ) though emphasis on it is not as great now as it used to be. ) and expensive, erin college is the second oldest public school in the country. the school occupies a large part of the town and (build) are ).
2. Smokers are not always aware of… the dangers to their own health.
3. Her attitude …towards the problem has been changed.
4. His rejection of… our plan was quite expected.
5. The people of the town made an appeal to… the government for… help after the storm.
1. I can't find my glasses. Where (did I put) them?
2. That's a nice dress. Where (did you buy) it?
3. Where (has Max gone) ? He is wanted on the phone.
4. Where (did she vanish) ? I (have not seen ) her for ages.
5. Where (did they spend) their honeymoon?
1. to do the sights
2. to make a list
3. to make a law
4. to do sb harm
5. to make/do a room
1. He uses this piece of glass (as) a mirror.
2. (Accidents) do happen, unfortunately. Sometimes they are fatal.
3. Let's (appeal) to the facts.
4. Why don't you try to (establish) at least decent relations with your opponents?
5. Teachers should have (patience) with slow learners.
Eddie Murphy is a famous American actor and comedian who is known mostly for his film such as "(Trade) Places'' and ''Beverly Hills Cop''
Maria Callas was an opera singer born of Greek parents known for her powerful performances.
Woody Allen is a comic actor and a maker of humorous films.
Или в 5 ложусь в 6 просипаюсь
If you DISAGREE with what you hear, it is USEFUL to remember that one should express his/her point of view without saying HURTFUL things.
It`s better to SOFTEN strong REACTIONs trying not to find who is right.
It is much wiser to speak in such a way that your opponent will hear you and to establish CONNECTION with each other.
Под B самой надо.:D
Использовать производные от слова справа полный текст...
african elephant (loxodonta africana) the largest of modern land animals. the mass of old males reaches 7.5 t, and the height in the shoulders — 4 m (on average, males have a mass of 5 t, females — 3 t) . however, despite the massive addition, the elephant is remarkably agile, easy movements, without rushing fast. he swims well, and over the surface of the water, leaving only the forehead and the tip of the trunk, without apparent effort, overcomes a steep climb, free feels among the rocks. a striking sight is a herd of elephants in the forest. absolutely noiselessly animals literally cut through dense thickets. so it seems that they are immaterial: no cod, no rustle, no movement of branches and leaves. smooth, seemingly unhurried step elephant covers in search of food or away from the danger of great distances, passing over the night tens of kilometers. no wonder it is considered useless to pursue the disturbed herd of elephants. the african elephant inhabits a vast territory south of the sahara. in ancient times it was found in north africa, but now disappeared from there completely. despite the vast area of distribution, it is not easy to meet elephants: in large quantities they are now only in national parks and reserves. thus, in uganda in the 20s elephants lived on 70% of the territory, and now they occupy no more than 17% of the country. in many countries there are no elephants outside protected areas. elephants rarely live alone. but the multi-hundred herds, which travelers of the last century wrote about, are now almost gone. the usual composition of elephant herds — 9-12 the old, the young and very young animals. typically, in a herd there is the bellwether, most often the old elephant. however, sometimes the leader are males, especially during migration. a herd of elephants is a very friendly community. animals get to know each other well and protect their young together; known cases where elephants helped the wounded brethren, taking them from dangerous places. fights between elephants are rare, and only animals suffering from some pain, such as a broken tusk, become quarrelsome and irritable. usually such elephants are removed from the herd, but it is not known whether they prefer loneliness or they are expelled by healthy companions.