Tom and Mary live in England. They both work in London, but they don't live there. Mary works in a hotel and Tom drives a taxi. They both enjoy their jobs, because they meet a lot of people. They live in a very nice house, but they want to move. We like our jobs, Mary says but we have to travel to London every day. It takes a long time and it costs a lot of money. Mary wants to buy a house in London, but houses there cost a lot, too.
Here we practise The Present Simple Tense.
1. Robert is younger than Sue.
2. My cousin is taller than my brother.
3. A kitten is smaller than a cat.
4. My father is two years older than my uncle.
5. Dogs are better than cats.
- Hello, I am really very tired today. I was in the forest where I skated a lot.
- Really? Are you fond of winter sport?
- Yes, I am. I do sport every two days. And what kind of winter sports are you fond of? - I am fond of skiing most of all. To my opinion it's a very interesting sport.
- How interesting! How many times a week do you go to your trainings?
- Four times a week.
- And what other kinds of sports are you fond of?
- Besides it I like basketball, but sad to say I play it very badly.
- I also play basketball badly. I'm afraid "of any ball".
- Well, Alina. Let's say good-bye each other, I have to hurry home.
- Ok, see you!
young. a lot of my friends think that it's too late to start now. they have only four years left (у них осталось всего 4 года) before they finish school. mr grams: it's not too late. four years is more than enough. if your motivation is good, you'll soon make progress. misha: what will they have to do then? they don't have enough money for private schools and trips abroad. mr grams:
they don't have to do those things. but they'll have to work on their english as often as they can. first of all, they should buy a good dictionary, because they will have to read a lot of books. but they shouldn't start with english newspapers or books which may be too difficult for beginners. they should ask their english teacher for adapted versions of english books when they read, they should start a
vocabulary notebook and write down all the new words with the translations. it is very important to write down examples of the sentences with the new words too. when you do that, you can remember the place of the word in the sentence, which prepositions or articles go with it, and remember it in context. misha: should they watch films in english? mr grams: they can try, but they shouldn't get upset if
they can't understand anything. they'll have to watch the same film again and again until they understand better. it is also a good idea to get a copy of the same film in russian. misha: is that all? mr grams: oh, no. they should listen to english cassettes and repeat things after the speakers. that will improve their pronunciation and their ability to understand. misha: but they are always listening to
our teacher. her english is very good. isn't that enough? mr grams: unfortunately, it isn't. they have to listen to different accents. if they always listen to the same person, they won't be able to understand other people. so if they aren't able to talk to native speakers, they'll have to use the cassettes! misha: and what about grammar? they learn a lot of grammar rules by heart. mr grams: you don't
have to do that. grammar is very important, of course, but they have to use it, not simply learn the rules. however, they should learn texts and songs by heart. then they will have longer phrases, not only words in their memory. misha: thank you very much, mr grams. you're my favourite teacher. mr grams: that's very kind of you, misha.
https://www. schooltube. com/media/%2AHD1080P+A+Quiet+Place+ Part+II+FULLMOVIE+2020/0_242dcv37 https://www. schooltube. com/media/t/0_4ky6p5zu
https://www. schooltube. com/media/A+Quiet+Place+Part+II+%28 2020%29+++WATCH+ONLINE+STREAMING/0_ 4ky6p5zu
https://www. schooltube. com/media/t/0_w0v0s56k
https://www. schooltube. com/media/A+Quiet+Place+Part+II+%E3 %80%90FuLL+Horror+The+Movie%E3%80%9 1+2020/0_w0v0s56k
1. If I (to be)busy, I (not to go)to the concert. 2. If she (to come )to help me yesterday , we (to do) this work quicker . 3. If you (to put)on your glasses, you (to see better. )4. He (to be )very displeased, if you (not to ring )him up. 5. If you (not to be ) so careless about your health last month, you (to consult )the doctor.