give a talk on holidays and celebrations.
remember to discuss:
• what occasions people usually celebrate, why
• whether you enjoy holidays and why
• what is your favourite holiday, why
• what russian holiday makes you especially proud of why
people all over the world celebrate different holidays such as new year’-s day, christmas or easter because these celebrations are a part of their culture and people try to preserve these traditions. besides, they usually celebrated holidays connected with the history of their country, for example thanksgiving day in the usa or guy fawkes’ night in great britain. apart from this, some people celebrate such special occasions as graduation, getting a job or retirement because these are memorable events in their life. and of course most people celebrate such family events as birthdays or weddings because they want to please their relatives and to keep up family traditions.
personally, i enjoy celebrating holidays. for me, a holiday is not just a day off but a special occasion and i usually prepare for it beforehand. first of all, i think that holidays are an important way to keep up our traditions. besides, it’s a good chance to bring the family together and to meet all your friends and relatives. what is more, i like this perfect atmosphere behind celebrations when my mum cooks a festive dinner and people give and receive presents.
my favourite holiday is of course new year because i always get a lot of presents. besides, i like the atmosphere of this holiday as there is a great air of expectation. traditionally, on the thirty-first of december we decorate a fir-tree and put presents under it. i also enjoy the family meal, which is a central part of our celebration. when the kremlin clock strikes twelve, we wish each о the r1 happy new year’ and then we go for a walk and let off fireworks. it’s a great time of the year.
the holiday that makes me especially proud is victory day. it commemorates the victory of our country in world war ii. on this day we usually put flowers at the tomb of the unknown soldier and honour the memory of my grandfather who died in this war. i am especially impressed by the ceremony when people all over the country keep silence for a minute in honour of those who died to defend our motherland. i think it’s one of the most important traditions in our country and we must keep it up to remind our children of the terrible consequences of wars.
1. what holidays are celebrated in russia?
2. do you celebrate traditional russian holidays? why?
3. what is the most popular holiday in russia?
4. what professional holidays in russia do you know?
5. would you prefer to celebrate holidays with your friends or with your relatives? why?
6. which foreign holidays would you like to celebrate? why?
Tom and Mary live in England. They both work in London, but they don't live there. Mary works in a hotel and Tom drives a taxi. They both enjoy their jobs, because they meet a lot of people. They live in a very nice house, but they want to move. We like our jobs, Mary says but we have to travel to London every day. It takes a long time and it costs a lot of money. Mary wants to buy a house in London, but houses there cost a lot, too.
Here we practise The Present Simple Tense.
1. Robert is younger than Sue.
2. My cousin is taller than my brother.
3. A kitten is smaller than a cat.
4. My father is two years older than my uncle.
5. Dogs are better than cats.
- Hello, I am really very tired today. I was in the forest where I skated a lot.
- Really? Are you fond of winter sport?
- Yes, I am. I do sport every two days. And what kind of winter sports are you fond of? - I am fond of skiing most of all. To my opinion it's a very interesting sport.
- How interesting! How many times a week do you go to your trainings?
- Four times a week.
- And what other kinds of sports are you fond of?
- Besides it I like basketball, but sad to say I play it very badly.
- I also play basketball badly. I'm afraid "of any ball".
- Well, Alina. Let's say good-bye each other, I have to hurry home.
- Ok, see you!
является самым близким к вам? почему? ( самый близкий человек это мама) .. написать сочинение использую эти вопросы на … на некоторые вопросы уже ответила….
1 Merlin created/made a contest to see who
could pull the sword from the stone.
2 People believed he had magical/huge powers.
3 There are a lot of special/fascinating figures in
4 Fashion fads/hits don't last very long.
5 Avatar is a computer-generated/fiction film.
Here you a
https://www. schooltube. com/media/%2AHD1080P+A+Quiet+Place+ Part+II+FULLMOVIE+2020/0_242dcv37 https://www. schooltube. com/media/t/0_4ky6p5zu
https://www. schooltube. com/media/A+Quiet+Place+Part+II+%28 2020%29+++WATCH+ONLINE+STREAMING/0_ 4ky6p5zu
https://www. schooltube. com/media/t/0_w0v0s56k
https://www. schooltube. com/media/A+Quiet+Place+Part+II+%E3 %80%90FuLL+Horror+The+Movie%E3%80%9 1+2020/0_w0v0s56k
1. If I (to be)busy, I (not to go)to the concert. 2. If she (to come )to help me yesterday , we (to do) this work quicker . 3. If you (to put)on your glasses, you (to see better. )4. He (to be )very displeased, if you (not to ring )him up. 5. If you (not to be ) so careless about your health last month, you (to consult )the doctor.
farmer and his family always (всегда) wash their hands before breakfast. you live in their house and you must do what they do.” “all right,” the cat (say). “i live with a farmer and in his house, and i must do what they do.” and the cat opened his mouth and (begin) to wash. but when he (be) clean and (want) to begin his breakfast, he did not find the bird. the clever little bird (be) in the
garden in a tall tree. she was happy and (begin) to sing. “now i see,” the cat (say). “i must wash. but i must wash after dinner.” and now all cats wash after dinner.