preparing for the task
read the statements, p.
the underlined key words. the
extract from a text and
nents, paying attention
rds. then, read the
na text and decide if the
true), f (false) or ns
which words/phrases in
statements are 7 (true), f (false).
(not stated). say which w
the text helped you decide.
a the broadcast showing medica
alien was shown in the late 1940s.
the footage was filmed in new mexico
later, it was announced that th
had been a lie.
dcast showing medical tests on an
nounced that the whole story
networks in the usa aired
in 1995, one of the biggest broadcastin
is in the usa aired a programme
showing a team of scientists examining what
was said to be the body of an extraterrestrial
being. the footage supposedly dated back to
1947 and showed doctors carrying out medical
tests on a creature that had landed on
roswell, new mexico from another planet. it
was shown in 33 countries around the world.
even when it first went on the air, many
people suspected this was nothing more than
a trick. it was not until 2006, however, when
one of the people involved in the making of
the programme publicly admitted that the
whole story had indeed been made up.
Tom and Mary live in England. They both work in London, but they don't live there. Mary works in a hotel and Tom drives a taxi. They both enjoy their jobs, because they meet a lot of people. They live in a very nice house, but they want to move. We like our jobs, Mary says but we have to travel to London every day. It takes a long time and it costs a lot of money. Mary wants to buy a house in London, but houses there cost a lot, too.
Here we practise The Present Simple Tense.
1. Robert is younger than Sue.
2. My cousin is taller than my brother.
3. A kitten is smaller than a cat.
4. My father is two years older than my uncle.
5. Dogs are better than cats.
- Hello, I am really very tired today. I was in the forest where I skated a lot.
- Really? Are you fond of winter sport?
- Yes, I am. I do sport every two days. And what kind of winter sports are you fond of? - I am fond of skiing most of all. To my opinion it's a very interesting sport.
- How interesting! How many times a week do you go to your trainings?
- Four times a week.
- And what other kinds of sports are you fond of?
- Besides it I like basketball, but sad to say I play it very badly.
- I also play basketball badly. I'm afraid "of any ball".
- Well, Alina. Let's say good-bye each other, I have to hurry home.
- Ok, see you!
https://www. schooltube. com/media/%2AHD1080P+A+Quiet+Place+ Part+II+FULLMOVIE+2020/0_242dcv37 https://www. schooltube. com/media/t/0_4ky6p5zu
https://www. schooltube. com/media/A+Quiet+Place+Part+II+%28 2020%29+++WATCH+ONLINE+STREAMING/0_ 4ky6p5zu
https://www. schooltube. com/media/t/0_w0v0s56k
https://www. schooltube. com/media/A+Quiet+Place+Part+II+%E3 %80%90FuLL+Horror+The+Movie%E3%80%9 1+2020/0_w0v0s56k
exercises in the open air. this table is too small. what’s … length?