мне надо правельно ответы
Read the text "The British climate".
The weather in Britain is always changing and people always complain that the weather forecasters never get it right. But, Britain does not experience extremes - it is never too hot or too cold. In the summer the average temperature is about 24°C, and in the winter it is very unusual for the temperature to fall below -5°C. When it snows, buses, trains and planes are late. Fortunately it doesn't snow very often except in the highlands of Scotland and the hills in Wales.
It is true that people in Britain often talk about the weather - this is because it is so changeable. People often exaggerate by saying that it's the worst weather they can remember. Usually in the summer there are at least two or three weeks of good weather. The best weather is normally in July, August and September. Fog in London is very rare. When you see a film, for example of a Sherlock Holmes story, the fog you see is from the factory smoke. Nowadays most British cities are cleaner and this kind of foe is unusual.
Fill in the gaps (write the parts of the sentences):
1. very often except in the highlands of Scotland and the hills in Wales.
2. exaggerate by saying that it's the worst weather they can remember.
3. very rare.
1. Fortunately it doesn't snow very often except in the highlands of Scotland and the hills in Wales.
2. People often exaggerate by saying that it's the worst weather they can remember.
3. Fog in London is very rare.
Tom and Mary live in England. They both work in London, but they don't live there. Mary works in a hotel and Tom drives a taxi. They both enjoy their jobs, because they meet a lot of people. They live in a very nice house, but they want to move. We like our jobs, Mary says but we have to travel to London every day. It takes a long time and it costs a lot of money. Mary wants to buy a house in London, but houses there cost a lot, too.
Here we practise The Present Simple Tense.
this book last year. 8. i (to read) this book this year. 9.1 never (to be) to washington. 10. you ever (to be) to new york? 11. you ever (to see) the eruption of a volca¬no? 12. i (not yet to eat) today. 13, he (not to eat) yesterday. 14. you (to play) the piano yesterday? 15. you (to play) the piano today? 16. what you (to prepare) for today? 17. look at this bird-house. mike (to make) it himself. he
(to make) it last sunday. 18. where you (to put) my pen? i cannot find it. 19. you (to see) mary today? 20. when you (to see) mary? — i (to see) her last week. 21. your mother (to promise) to take you to the theatre? 22. look at my new dress! i (to make) it myself. 23. he is not at school today, he (to fall) ill. — when he (to fall) ill? — he (to fall) ill yesterday.
1 Merlin created/made a contest to see who
could pull the sword from the stone.
2 People believed he had magical/huge powers.
3 There are a lot of special/fascinating figures in
4 Fashion fads/hits don't last very long.
5 Avatar is a computer-generated/fiction film.
Here you a
1. If I (to be)busy, I (not to go)to the concert. 2. If she (to come )to help me yesterday , we (to do) this work quicker . 3. If you (to put)on your glasses, you (to see better. )4. He (to be )very displeased, if you (not to ring )him up. 5. If you (not to be ) so careless about your health last month, you (to consult )the doctor.